Monday, January 26, 2009

Recovering Insomniac

I’m such a dreamer, but I’m not an optimistic dreamer, which probably makes me a nightmarer…if there ever were such a thing.

I really try to not over analyze things.

People.

Statements.

Secret vacations.

But I can’t help it. So when Sex goes off at 2am, I’m stuck with the thoughts of YOU and YOUR foolish ways.

And those thoughts carry on into REM, and I’m faced with colorless nightmares of YOU and HER.

or YOU and HIM...

But I miss sleep. I miss being optimistic. I miss when things were easy. Before WE complicated OUR lives with briefs, cases, court, jail, jailees, trustees, trials, 5 hour shots, Starbucks, 7 Eleven, supplements, educated drama.

I miss when YOU weren’t pure but were manageable. But now YOU'RE a mess and my dreams have become just like YOU.

I miss sleep. But I miss YOU. However, right now my sleep is more important than the memories of YOU and I.

So GOODNIGHT and GOODBYE.

2 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

sleep is the bomb, how are classes

Francesca said...

Classes are good, just trying to get back into the swing of things. How's the fam?