Saturday, January 24, 2009

I'm Back...

I know it’s been awhile, but things have been a little hectic and school always comes first.

So darlings...how have you been? Any new developed drama? Met a man? Met a woman? Acquired a new sex partner?

I had to put the blog on hold because of finals and I’m dealing with the harsh reality that my absence has probably caused me to lose a few readers. I’m truly sorry but you’d be delighted to know that my grades this semester were, well how should I describe them…ummm…they were the TRUTH!

I’m so freaking happy!

This has been my best full semester since this law school hazing process began. I performed well this summer, but balancing five classes in which two were worth 4 credits was extremely difficult, but very doable. I want to give a shout out to my study group and this extraordinary man I plan to marry one day (lol) who has always equipped us with what we need to succeed.

No, but really, for all those who were there for the daily overdoses of caffeine and the ultimate discovery that Steak & Shake has happy hour from 2-4 (which by the way is totally inconvenient for those with jobs but for stressed law students sitting @ home or the library until the sun sets, its perfect!) I applaud you and pray your efforts to figure out what the hell Rule 10(b)(5) is actually paid off.

Aside from learning what character evidence is and how to conduct myself in the courtroom, I learned…well actually opened my eyes to the fact that women are fucking crazy!

Sometimes I wish that life lessons could be acquired through reading an overpriced textbook, but I guess having to experience personally that some folk are just plain toxic in your life is the only way to realize that some people just don’t, won’t ever, and have no interest progressing in their personal lives.

Now, I know most have made New Year resolutions. Mine are 1) to become more organized, 2) to appreciate that cleanliness is not next to Godliness but it makes it a lot easier to find shit when you’re in a rush, 3) to workout more, and 4) just focus on what I want.

Some of us try to rid ourselves of certain vices: chocolate, fast food, men who provide the promise that you’ll cum all night (which you do) with the excuse that they’ve been hurt in the past (boo fucking hoo) and just can’t do that whole “relationship” thing.

It’s never easy to cut something or someone out of your life, but entering the New Year with hopes to become a better person is worth the attempt. We make personal resolutions each year, but wouldn’t’ it be better if we could make them for our friends and force their asses to comply with the order.

I would love to assign my homegirl with the resolution that letting the nigga go is MANDATORY and force her to realize he will never be her man and is probably fucking his roommate and has no interest in the word monogamy WITH HER, but will more than likely find a woman who actually possess self love and wife her within a year of meeting each other.

I’d tell my homeboy to let go of the fallacy that dreams come true when you move to Atlanta, that he needs to formulate a detailed plan and let the pole dancer go because she’ll never get a 9-5 because who would change their 5 year career of obtaining over $600 in three hours each night while the other drones work 40 hours a week and make less.

I’d tell my mother to stop relying on “wisdom” and get her shit together and while working on herself also work on cutting the fucking umbilical cord and GIVE US FREE!

But I can’t force others to want something for their lives just because I know they deserve and need and will probably never proposer without MORE.

So my other resolution, probably the most difficult, shall be to let go…let go of wanting people to change, let go of my own fallacies, and let go of those that just don’t, never will, and have no interest progressing in their lives.

No comments: