Saturday, January 30, 2010

Platonic My Ass!



Some people say women and men can never JUST be friends. That eventually someone will want to fuck while the other develops feelings.

My best friend is amazing.

I really love this man. He’s intelligent, ambitious, handsome, everything another woman would dream about.

He’s got these thick lips that sometime distract me during conversation. Its not like I need to change my draws when around him, but dude does have some pussy eating lips.

But I have no desire to be with sexually…well sometimes I do.

But I’d NEVER take it there even though I’m sure, more than sure, he wouldn’t do anything to stop me from sitting on his face.

He’s the most consistent man in my life, which is kind of sad. Even when I had a boyfriend, he was always my true confidant.

So you can see why mixing my adoration and respect for him with passionate sex is NOT the best idea.

I know sex would confuse the fuck out of me, even though I know he has no interest in being with me. He says I whine too much. I only whine about him being overbearing.

My friends claim Lovely is “the husband I’ll never have” (not as comforting as they may think). Even random classmates think we’re perfect for each other. I always play it off and remind them dude is JUST my friend, but there are those days when I fantasize about being with him. Sometimes I think he does like me and would actually be with me. Then I’m reminded that his dresser is crowded with pictures of his ex-girlfriend who lives in Florida but just passed the NY bar. So I’m sure chick has got that shit on lock.

And the truth is I’m sure if I were his woman, he’d start slipping and things would be so different. Because men are always better men to their friends than they are to their woman!

I don’t want to be with him, but he makes me feel so damn good. I just want to meet a man who can replicate that consistency and dick me down so good I want to revert back to my pass/puff days, cook him dinner, and relax while spooning to Sade.

8 comments:

LoVe.Peace.Curls. said...

OMG @ this post...because he sounds just as amazing and lovely as my male best friend of 6 years... Who I've now been in a relationship with for over 3 years! Lol...

Hmm...I see some sparks! Lol. ONly time will tell! You never know how these things will work out! :-)

JaG said...

Yo i'm feeling this whole post sometimes you just want to get all the way down to busy with them but you know emotions make you cry sometimes... for you i'll put it like this you'll never know till you try for me i'll never try cause i love her as my friend and if i did that aint no turning back daMN that's wack.

LoVe.Peace.Curls. said...

But what if it turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to you two? Lol...I'm just sayin... because I'm the hopeless romantic of the bunch. ♥

Francesca said...

Pretty: You're cursing at me with this comment lol. I feel you though. The sparks are created from us constantly arguing, or as he calls it "a unilateral discussion involving only myself". Good blessings with the bff/lover. I think its great you guys have been together for 3 years. They always say friends make the best lovers...but what happens when its over? Will I lose my bff and bf?

I love your optimism, I need a prescription of that with refills. I'm such a pessimist...I prefer realist though lol.

JaG: LMAO, I highly doubt I'll ever try being intimate with him or dating him, but umm...you and ole girl may need to try it out. Lemme know how that goes.

Farrah B. said...

Don't. Do. It.

Fantazing can be a powerful drug. Trust me. Me and this whole mega millions thing has become way out of control now.

I have a dude that has been my confidant through some pretty bad relationships I've been in and I never once looked at him in that way though I am positive he'd f*ck me in a heartbeat.

If he's been the only consistent man due to yall friendship then keep it like that.

However if yall have a discussion about it one day and talk about how it could be and all the what ifs and if yall are both strong enough THEN maybe you should test the waters.

Remember - good friendships are hard to come by.

S Jones Aka Shirley said...

Being With Ur Best Friend Is Hard Like Your Other Commentor Said Once You Lose The Relationship You May Lose Your Best Friend So Thats A Tough One. At The Same Time They Do Say The Strongest Relationships Start Off As Friendships Because You Guys Wud Have Built A Bond Long Before Romance Was In The Picture. If Your Boyfriend Is Supposed To Be Ur Bestfriend Why Not Make Your Bestfriend Ur Boyfriend....lol

Francesca said...

Thanks everyone! Imma stick with the friendship...for now.

sssdawna said...

aww : )

i don't know what to say because although i've had feelings for a guy friend before, we never tried to take things to the next level.